Remote VS In-Person Depositions
Arizona’s Top Resource for Court Reporters and Litigation Services!
Due to the global health crisis, more and more professionals are turning to remote depositions to keep themselves, their employees, and their families safe. Remote depositions serve the exact same purpose as an in-person deposition– to gather a complete profile of facts– but there are some key differences in the preparation process that an attorney must be conscious of when preparing for a remote deposition.
Make sure your team is prepared by taking note of these key differences.
When preparing for remote depositions…
- Inform all parties involved (including opposing counsel and witnesses) that you would like to conduct a deposition remotely.
- Share all documents and exhibits with said parties.
- Make sure you have a functioning webcam and microphone (whether built-in to your device or external) prior to the deposition.
- Create a clean, professional background.
- Limit background noise as much as possible.
- Wear professional attire.
- Speak slowly and clearly to ensure you are heard. Do not speak over another person, as that can cause confusion.
When preparing for in-person depositions
- Book your meeting space with ample time.
- Reserve whatever equipment you may need a minimum of 48 hours ahead of time.
- Take into account time spent on travel and any expenses.
- Arrive at the meeting space early.
- Dress for court.
1802 North 7th Street Phoenix, Arizona 85006
Phoenix, Arizona Legal and Court Reporting News
Credit: H5P Coash & Coash is pleased to announce a new addition to our areas of practice. With this easy to access database, attorneys and paralegals can locate and distinguish which areas of practice our skilled court reporters specialize in. Among our brilliant...
Coash & Coash is thrilled to announce a new addition to our areas of practice. This comprehensive database is a great way for attorneys to discover which areas of practice our talented court reporters specialize in. With our environmental and natural resources...
Congratulations to our very own Jerry Coash Sr. for completing 1000 consecutive days of 30 minutes minimum of steno practice. It is his determination, focus and tenacity that have helped build Coash & Coash to be the preferred court reporting firm to top law firms...
Coash & Coash is thrilled to announce a new addition to our areas of practice. The page serves as a great resource for attorneys and paralegals to find a quality court reporter from the firm they have come to trust over so many years that specializes in their line...
Coash & Coash is thrilled to announce a new addition to our areas of practice. Attorneys in the field of education law can turn to the Phoenix court reporting firm they have always trusted and book a service that has complete understanding of their field. Our...
We are pleased to announce a new set of testimonials on our site. We appreciate feedback from each and every one of our clients-- but we especially love when a client is so pleased with our work that they reach out to us to let us know. It helps us be confident that...