Remote VS In-Person Depositions
Arizona’s Top Resource for Court Reporters and Litigation Services!
Due to the global health crisis, more and more professionals are turning to remote depositions to keep themselves, their employees, and their families safe. Remote depositions serve the exact same purpose as an in-person deposition– to gather a complete profile of facts– but there are some key differences in the preparation process that an attorney must be conscious of when preparing for a remote deposition.
Make sure your team is prepared by taking note of these key differences.
When preparing for remote depositions…
- Inform all parties involved (including opposing counsel and witnesses) that you would like to conduct a deposition remotely.
- Share all documents and exhibits with said parties.
- Make sure you have a functioning webcam and microphone (whether built-in to your device or external) prior to the deposition.
- Create a clean, professional background.
- Limit background noise as much as possible.
- Wear professional attire.
- Speak slowly and clearly to ensure you are heard. Do not speak over another person, as that can cause confusion.
When preparing for in-person depositions
- Book your meeting space with ample time.
- Reserve whatever equipment you may need a minimum of 48 hours ahead of time.
- Take into account time spent on travel and any expenses.
- Arrive at the meeting space early.
- Dress for court.
1802 North 7th Street Phoenix, Arizona 85006
Phoenix, Arizona Legal and Court Reporting News
Coash & Coash is thrilled to announce a new addition to our areas of practice. Criminal attorneys can now book criminal law court reporters from a firm they trust. Our specialists are guaranteed to have complete fluency in the area of practice, and will serve...
Coash & Coash is thrilled to announce a new addition to our areas of practice. Lawyers and paralegals in the field can book corporate and securities court reporters that are dedicated to their work and truly understand the area of practice. Their specialization...
Coash & Coash is thrilled to announce a new addition to our areas of practice. In order to assure that our clients are booking the best of the best court reporters, our staff has specialized in a number of legal fields. Personal injury attorneys can now turn to...
Coash & Coash is thrilled to announce the publication of a new areas of practice page. Our firm isn't just a run of the mill court reporting firm. The staff at Coash & Coash are pleased to specialize in any number of legal fields-- so any lawyer can turn to...
Our new 24/7 Mobile Booking engine is now live. As we grow and become one of the largest of Phoenix court reporters, we are proud to offer our clients the best and most technologically advanced services. These include the ability to schedule depositions and other...
The Arizona Bar Association recently announce its 2018 Annual Convention. The event will be held in Chandler, Arizona from from June 27-29, at the Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass. The convention is the flagship event of the bar. With a variety of speakers from all...