Remote VS In-Person Depositions
Arizona’s Top Resource for Court Reporters and Litigation Services!
Due to the global health crisis, more and more professionals are turning to remote depositions to keep themselves, their employees, and their families safe. Remote depositions serve the exact same purpose as an in-person deposition– to gather a complete profile of facts– but there are some key differences in the preparation process that an attorney must be conscious of when preparing for a remote deposition.
Make sure your team is prepared by taking note of these key differences.
When preparing for remote depositions…
- Inform all parties involved (including opposing counsel and witnesses) that you would like to conduct a deposition remotely.
- Share all documents and exhibits with said parties.
- Make sure you have a functioning webcam and microphone (whether built-in to your device or external) prior to the deposition.
- Create a clean, professional background.
- Limit background noise as much as possible.
- Wear professional attire.
- Speak slowly and clearly to ensure you are heard. Do not speak over another person, as that can cause confusion.
When preparing for in-person depositions
- Book your meeting space with ample time.
- Reserve whatever equipment you may need a minimum of 48 hours ahead of time.
- Take into account time spent on travel and any expenses.
- Arrive at the meeting space early.
- Dress for court.
1802 North 7th Street Phoenix, Arizona 85006
Phoenix, Arizona Legal and Court Reporting News
Sometimes, people question why they should book a certified court reporting specialist when they can just use a recording device. Our new page outlines why that is a bad idea. Due to the unreliability, lack of impartiality, and no certification, it is possible that...
Credit: CMW Legal professionals are always on the move. Sometimes, they travel across the city for a job. When a legal professional is in high demand, travel can take professionals across county lines, to the opposite end of the state, or even to the other side of the...
Coash & Coash is pleased to announce their new page on the benefits of scheduling your next court reporting service via your tablet or smartphone. Booking a service online saves attorneys and paralegals precious time they can use elsewhere to benefit their...
Credit: healthlawcenterplc Coash & Coash is pleased to announce the latest addition to our areas of practice. This comprehensive database serves as a great resource for attorneys looking for a court reporter that has complete knowledge of their field. Our health...
Credit: H5P Coash & Coash is pleased to announce a new addition to our areas of practice. With this easy to access database, attorneys and paralegals can locate and distinguish which areas of practice our skilled court reporters specialize in. Among our brilliant...
Coash & Coash is thrilled to announce a new addition to our areas of practice. This comprehensive database is a great way for attorneys to discover which areas of practice our talented court reporters specialize in. With our environmental and natural resources...